After finally seeing the movie Julie and Julia a couple nights ago, I was totally craving a french cooking day so today I made Boeuf Borgeunoun. Thomas and James put on their little red aprons with me and it was an all day family affair (sans Nick because he is still in the midst of finals.) We didn't use Julia Child's recipe. We stuck with our tried and true friend Ina Garten, who has yet to give us a bad recipe. When adding the brandy, the recipe said to burn it off by lighting a match. I didn't realize that this meant that my whole le creuset pot would be filled with raging flames and James and I were screaming. Then I put the top of the dutch oven on and when I lifted it off... no more fire, thank heavens. Thomas ran in the kitchen and was so disappointed that he missed the fire. The boys kept asking me to do it again.
Nick came home to an exceptional disaster of a house tonight but oh what an exceptional bowl (or four) of soup he savored... it was totally worth it!
Friday, December 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment