Wednesday, July 2, 2008





I think we are all in a state of shock right now! Nick is finally "tasting the sweet satisfaction of being admitted to Stanford Law School." (I'm quoting from his application essay.) I am elated and grateful that he was accepted! It will be wonderful to be able to stay here for the next three years. We love our ward and friends here. And more good news... Thomas and James got in off the waitlist at the Los Altos preschool and will start in September! 
June was a fun month for our family. Nick took the boys on their first Fathers and Sons camping trip with our ward. Thomas and James love the outdoors and had fun sleeping in a tent with daddy. Nick was able to go fishing in Alaska for five days with his father and brother-in-law. They had some funny experiences, great bonding time, and even spotted a whale. It was beautiful up there and we have been enjoying the king salmon Nick brought home! 
Poor little James has had a sick tummy for a few weeks. We are working on getting tests done to figure out what is wrong so we can get him feeling better.
Thomas and James already love their baby brother and love to kiss my tummy. A few days ago they were discussing how the baby has gotten too big and needs to come out! Then Thomas pointed to my belly button and said "Tiny hole! Baby won't fit. Baby need big hole!" The two of discussed this with their serious little expressions for a minute and then decided that "Baby need stay in." I think that's a good idea too! 

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I love that about your belly button!!! So funny Tiff. It was great talking with you yesterday. Sorry I had to cut it short. I hope James' little belly gets better. I am so excited that you are able to stay there in CA. Also, last night I was laying there thinking "sexy 26.. hm.. yeah sexy 26. That is sexy!". Thanks for that :)

About Me said...

Tiff, congrats on staying in Cali! I am so glad you don't have to make that long trek back to CT! I am sure Nick is thrilled!